Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Favorite Time with my Favorite Girl

For my birthday this past May I really wanted to find Lucy Paige a Bible - cue a trip to LifeWay… We found, what I believe to be is the best Bible for a child ever! It's "the Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name" by Sally Lloyd-Jones and illustrated by Jago. We've been reading from it since before she was born. We started over after she was born though just so she could see the beautiful illustrations. The illustrations and the fact that EVERY story really does point to Jesus (just like the real Bible!) is what sold us on this Bible for LP.

Today we got to the end of what would be the Old Testament where the Israelites are no longer slaves and they celebrated the fact that God, their Father loved them with a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" and that He was "going to send His messenger - The Promised One".  We HAD to read the next story! The Promised One was coming! And it would be the very first (of many) times that Lucy paige would hear the beginning of the Gospel story. I was honestly so filled with absolute Joy that I could tell Lucy Paige about Jesus' birth and how He got here and why God came down to earth. I had that privilege to tell my daughter about that. And I will have countless more opportunities to tell her - show her the Gospel (along with TJ too!). I am so honored that God picked me to be that precious girl's mother. I cannot get over that I'm her mom - I'm awestruck every single day. So back to our Bible - we read today about Jesus' birth and I'm so, so excited to share with Lucy Paige the rest of Jesus' life.

And if anybody has this Bible a friend of mine posted an Advent reading plan for this Bible - here's the link!


And here is Lucy Paige with all her best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment