Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thoughts On the Last 4 Months!

So I just want to take a moment to say that my daughter is pretty much the most awesome child ever. She is so smart and so good and so sweet. She is a great sleeper, a great roller, a great talker, a great best friend. I honestly just love her to pieces... I was talking with TJ and just telling him that even though it was easier before she came along that I would not trade her for anything. It may be a little more challenging getting through the day or church or going somewhere but she is such a blessing in mine and TJ's life. Having a child is, what I think, a little like experiencing how the Lord cares for and loves us. No, I am not saying I'm God or know Him more or better than people who don't have children; I'm just saying that He has revealed Himself to me like never before. I am so blessed, so so blessed. I've never met a person that can get me so flustered and frustrated but at the same time that I love soooooooo much. My Aunt Nancy said the following about her granddaughter, "She's just so precious that I want to eat her up - and sometimes I wish I had!". I can fully relate to that. Lucy Paige is one of the very best things that has ever happened to me and TJ. I love every fiber of her being. It is my prayer for her daily that we can point her to Christ and when we fail (because we do daily) that we can own our mistakes but also show her what it means to ask forgiveness and be humble before God. I know this post is a little random but I'm just sitting here watching her on the monitor while I work and I just felt compelled to write. She has grown up so much just in the last few weeks and I don't want to miss or forget a thing! She is "talking" up a storm all the time and she loves her hands - they are always in her little mouth. She pulls on her right ear when she's tired or eating. She falls asleep on her own and within two minutes of being put in her bed. She has the best little grin and I get to see it all the time. I am so grateful that TJ is making it work for me to stay home with her. We are doing without some of the things we were used to but I wouldn't trade her to get any of it back. I know a lot of moms who would love to stay home with their little ones but can't - I don't take this lightly. I know that we are very fortunate to be able to do this. Ok, stepping down from my post - I just wanted to share a few thoughts on where we are now and how the Lord is teaching me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment