Saturday, July 19, 2014

Lucy's First Birthday Party!

So, I must admit that having my two favorite people's birthdays so close together is kind of rough! :) I could not have pulled off two parties in one week without my Mom - she is so great and very helpful. She did the same for our wedding - just took the reigns and created what was in my head in real life! And everything was just perfect. So if you ever need help planning a party, she is your go-to lady! :)

Ok, back to the parties... We had TJ a surprise party at First Ave. Rocks. It was the best surprise ever - he had no idea! Wendy and I feigned a dinner at Mugshots to get TJ to go downtown. I got a "phone call" from Wendy telling me that they were so lost and we needed to meet them on First Avenue. After TJ getting angry and not being able to find the place where they were, we did a Chinese Fire Drill and I took the reigns and "found" Wendy and Lauraline. We walked in and TJ was so surprised to find all the kids and our family there! It was a blast! Jamie, Caroline, Grayson, Rebekah, and my Mom were so gracious in helping me to get everything together.


Now onto Lucy's Party! 

Here is the link to the slideshow for her pictures! There are over 100 so I thought a slide show would be better! Enjoy! Although Lucy decided that she wanted to do exactly what she wanted and didn't want anyone to help her do anything, I think she had a wonderful time. She loved playing in the pools with Charli and Parker and loved seeing "baby" Reece. I can't wait to see them all grow up together and make some wonderful memories. Charli's Mom, Jami, and Reece's Mom, Emily, grew up with me and we had the best time together. We played outside all the time, we rode bikes and four-wheelers all over Lawley, one time Jami and I had to run and jump on a bale of hay to get away from an angry emu... Emily and I were rowing in the pond by her house one time, and her brother Joey and our cousin, Tony, started shooting at us with bb guns (I know this is dangerous, but we did things way different in the country!). It was sometime in the middle of winter too. There is a tiny island in the middle of the pond and we thought if we could get to the island and jump out of the boat we'd be safe. We both missed the island and landed in the freezing water - Joey and Tony ran away laughing. I have so many other countless memories with Jami and Emily - we always had the best times together. And now we are all mommies! I've made other friends along the way and I'm thankful for their friendships and love watching our children grow up together. Miss Priss is going to have more friends and cousins soon too (no one is pregnant, we just know that in the future we will have more friends!) Lucy sure is one blessed little girl! Here are a couple of my favorite photos from that day! I'll post her One Year Photos in another post. Thanks so much for keeping up with us this past year! 






Lucy saying "Wow, wow, wow!!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment