Monday, April 22, 2013

28 Weeks - Hello Third Trimester! :)

Yesterday marked my 28th week as Lucy Paige's mom - that's so strange to me! I'm a Mom, a Mother and TJ is a Daddy. We are parents! I know she's still technically not "here" yet but she is to me. I am constantly with her, night and day, praying for her sweet little self (and her Mommy and Daddy!) and thinking about what is best for her and all sorts of other things. I already love her so much and haven't even met her. I already know she is beautiful. I already know Jesus has good, good plans for her. I pray that she will know Jesus and grow to have a relationship with Him as her Savior. I've been so afraid that I'd fail her in that way... But I keep falling back on the promise that if you "train up in child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6. So it is our duty as parent's to instruct, to disciple Lucy Paige and let the Holy Spirit do the rest. It is also our duty to be godly parents and model Christ's love for Lucy Paige through our marriage and our personal relationship that we each have with Christ. We also have this responsibility for our goddaughter, Parker. We went to her baptism yesterday and it was honestly the sweetest infant baptism/dedication I've ever been to. (Side note - TJ and I do not technically believe that infant baptism or sprinkling is the baptism that marks us as followers of Christ - we believe that when people make the decision to believe that Jesus is their Lord and Savior then they need to publicly profess that by way of baptism. We do not in any way think if you were baptized or choose to baptize your infant that you are wrong - its' just a personal belief that we have. And just so you know we plan to baptize Lucy Paige at FUMCH but will consider it a dedication and when she is older and believes Jesus is her Lord and Savior we will encourage Believer's Baptism by submersion.) We were charged to ensure that Parker will grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior. We, as godparents, are to make sure that Parker has every opportunity to have a relationship with Christ; something that we will not take lightly. We will pray for Parker and her parents daily. We will do our best to be that guide for her in her journey of faith. And like we will for Lucy Paige, we will strive to model Christ's love for her. This is something that we as followers of Christ should be doing for all people anyway. It is our duty as mature Christians to help disciple other followers of Christ and show Christ's love to non-believers. 

                                                        Now on to the updates! :) 

How Far Along: 28 Weeks - THIRD TRIMESTER!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still not 100% sure on this one and I always forget to ask.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes! Dresses and skirts all the time! I hate pants!

Best Moment This Week: Spending time away from "life" with my sweet Smee-J at the beach. It was incredibly nice to have that time with TJ. I ate crab claws to my heart's content and TJ got his fill of shrimp. We also got to spend time with Boy Ryan - that was fun!

Gender: GIRL!!! Lucy Paige Phelps - yay!

Movement: Yes - she is still loving the whole "bounce on Mom's bladder" thing!
Food Cravings: Nope - love the shaved ice places though!
Aversions: Chinese Food - too much MSG. And still brushing my teeth... 
What I Miss: For this past week - laying out on the beach. When you're 6 months pregnant - laying on anything besides a bed or couch is uncomfortable! I asked TJ if he could go get all my pillows so I could prop up better and he just looked at me like I had lost my mind. I thought it was a great idea! :)

Sleep: Not too bad - I have to go to the bathroom a lot but its good for the most part.

What I'm Looking Forward To: May 2 - my next dr. appt. I'll get to have another ultrasound to make sure fluid levels are good to go and get a glimpse of how much Lucy Paige has grown!  

Baby's Lucy Paige's Size:  She weighs as much as a Chinese cabbage (around 2.25 lbs) and is around 15 inches long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment