Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It is right to Give Thanks!!

Ok, so it has been a long while since I've posted! I'm terrible, I know! Oh well, it is well... On Facebook I have seen my friends, you guys(!), post the 30 Days of Thanksgiving for the month of November and I wanted to do the same thing except here on the blog so that I can do it all together. In the Methodist Church, we have this liturgy that we recite during certain worship services; I really love it, it says

Pastor: The Lord be with you.
People: And also with you.
Pastor: Lift up your hearts.
People: We lift them up to the Lord.
Pastor: Let us give thanks to the Lord our God.
People: It is right to give Him our thanks and praise.

Yes, it is right to give our Lord and Savior our thanks and praise, He is the only One that is good and just and pure and holy and worthy and admirable and loving and forgiving and mighty and awesome and so, so, so much more. Even though the Spirit of Thanksgiving was against me the other day (I was trying to open a DC*B Christmas cd...), I'm going to lift my heart to the Lord and I'm going to give my thanks - because it is right.

1. I'm thankful for my dear, sweet Jesus who loved me so much that He gave Himself up for me. He took my place when He didn't have to; He loves me with an agape love, a love that I can not comprehend. He corrects me when I go astray. He left 99 just to find me. And He does the exact same thing for you - you just have to choose Him and believe Him and follow Him with your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength.

2. I'm thankful for my family - you guys mean so much to me and I love each one of you dearly! Mom, Dad, Rikki, Morgan, Megan, Poppa, Granny, Nana, Granddaddy and Clay.

3. I'm thankful for my amazing husband (TJ!!!) and his love for Christ; I'm so happy that he is God's best for my life and love him so very much!

4. I'm thankful for my amazing extended family that took me in when they didn't have to, loved me (even when I forgot to clean the bathroom!!), helped me to see a marriage totally focused on God, listened as parts of my world have fallen apart, and just been a constant in my life. Thank you guys, you'll never know what you guys mean to me!

5. I'm thankful for my family of followers of Christ that I have gotten to know and share my life with. You guys are spread out all over but I know I can call on you guys anytime. Thank You!

6. I'm thankful for best friends (sisters of my soul!!). We can go without talking to each other for long periods of time but the moment we get together it's like no time has passed. Your friendship has kept me going so many times. Love you!

7. I'm thankful for mandolins, banjos, box drums, and guitars.

8. I'm thankful for new friends and their sweet children, who bless my soul so much.

9. I'm thankful for NeedToBreathe, Jars of Clay, David Crowder Band, Gungor Band, and Chris Tomlin.

10. I'm thankful for Kid's Camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. I'm thankful for my church families, present and past. I've learned from pillars of the church all the way down to the teenie, tiny babies! You guys are amazing and I'm honored to have been/be apart of your lives!

12. I'm thankful for chips and salsa! =)

13. I'm thankful for thrift store t-shirts, they are the BEST!

14. I'm thankful for 70's rock (thanks to Daddy for sharing his taste in music!).

15. I'm thankful for books! I love books and love to read them!

16. I'm thankful that C.S. Lewis became a follower of Christ! Without his love for Jesus, he would have never written some of the aforementioned "books" that I LOVE!!!!!

17. I'm thankful for Chick-fil-A.

18. I'm thankful for Christmas Worship Music - I'm listening to DC*B's album right now, Oh for Joy, and if I didn;t have Christmas music then that might mean that Jesus wasn't born and we couldn't have the oh-so-personal realtionship with Him that we enjoy and often take for granted now.

19. I'm thankful for fingernail polish and hair clips.

20. I'm thankful for you and that you have taken your time to read through this and maybe this will get you thinking of what you are thankful for...

21. I'm thankful for my camera and that I have the ability to get out and take pictures of things I love.

22. I'm thankful for trees - I love trees, they are always looking up to the heavens, reaching for their Creator.

23. I'm thankful for Autumn, I love the changing seasons and the beautiful colors that Autumn brings.

24. I'm thankful for mistakes I've made, they have taught me valuable lessons in life.

25. I'm thankful for my fingers and toes and legs and arms and everything else on and in my body. Our Creator made us and we are beautiful just the way we are!

26. I'm thankful for the stars; I miss the stars here in HYT - too much light pollution. But, oh, how I love the stars - they are magnificent!

27. I'm thankful for cardigans, they are so warm and cozy and cute! =)

28. I'm thankful for those who have gone before us and are now a "great cloud of witnesses" that are cheering us on in our race!

29. I'm thankful for long walks when I can just completely open myself up and have conversation with Jesus.

30. I'm thankful for the quiet moments, the still moments in life when I shut my mouth and just listen.

What are you thankful for? You should be thankful for something. Remember, "It is right to give our thanks and praise."

No comments:

Post a Comment